Who are we?
Locify Pty Ltd is a marketing company based in Australia that operates Locify, a loyalty and rewards program designed for small and medium sized businesses. Locify’s objective is to create a digital platform whereby local small and medium sized businesses and local communities of consumers can support each other.
We have designed a secure and transparent way for you as a consumer and supporter of local small and medium sized businesses to join the Locify community, to opt-in to be rewarded Locify points for money spent at local businesses and to receive information about advertising offers, coupons, discounts, surveys or other services (“Offers”) and enter sweepstakes, contests or competitions (“Sweepstakes”) from third party sponsors (“Sponsors”) and Enterprises who’s products you purchase through the Locify Business Network (“Enterprises”). These Offers and Sweepstakes are promoted and displayed via email, webpages, the Locify App and widgets across and within our network of Sponsor and Enterprise websites and mobile applications and also promoted on Locify owned and managed websites (“Locify Sites”) (together, the “Publisher Network”).
Our commitment to your privacy
Locify takes your privacy very seriously and is committed to protecting it. We understand that you will only use our service if you can trust us to protect your Personal Information (defined below) and use it appropriately.
We define “Personal Information” as information that you provide to us which personally identifies you, including your name, email address, mobile phone number, gender, marital status, age, postcode and other personally identifiable information you give us in order to provide services to you.
Information that we collect
We may collect information in a number of ways:
- Personal Information you give us when you opt-in to Offers, Sweepstakes or our other services while engaging with our widgets across our Publisher Network, or if you register for an account or membership on a Locify Site;
- Information about your interaction with our widgets, including website analytics information retrieved from your web browser, such as Internet Protocol address, browser type, language preferences, access times, referring website address, your general geographic area based on your IP address, in order to customise our services to you;
- Information relating to your advertisement interaction and viewing data, such as ad click-through rates and information about what you viewed across the Locify Publisher Network. We may also collect transaction data from your activity on our Publisher Network and advertiser segmentation lists from our Advertising partners.
- Information provided to us through our customer contact channels.
- Information about you that we may obtain from third-party sources and platforms (including social networking sites, validation services, online marketing companies, ad-targeting companies or advertisers or publishers) to supplement the information we collect with information obtained from those third party sources. For example, if you elect to connect to your third-party social networking service profile (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) through the Locify Network, or socially share an Offer or Sweepstake, we may access and use relevant details that you permit to be accessed through that social networking service such as username, profile image, location information, interests, activities, ‘likes’, connection list and age for those services.
Use of your Personal Information
The following subsections set out how your Personal Information will be used by Locify (including but not limited to sending you third party advertisements we believe are relevant to you) and may be used by Advertisers and Publishers.
(i) Use of Personal Information by Locify
Our use of the Personal Information you give us, and your consent to us using your Personal Information, includes Locify:
- providing, maintaining, protecting and improving our widgets, products and services;
- selecting and displaying to you Offers that are personalised and customised to your interests, preferences and experiences;
- providing your personal information to Advertisers or Publishers in relation to those Offers with your consent;
- making our widgets easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information;
- monitoring the effectiveness of Offers and campaigns;
- sending you details of Offers that you have asked to receive, via any medium including via email and SMS or at the number(s) you provided (which may include using an automatic telephone dialling system or pre-recorded message);
- communicating with you, if you agree, by email, mail or telephone or at the number(s) you provided (which may include using an automatic dialing system or pre-recorded message), including for Locify Sites.
- sending follow-up or reminder messages including via email and SMS;
- sending marketing and promotional material that we believe you may be interested in;
- administering Sweepstakes you enter, on behalf of Locify, Advertisers or Publishers, including contacting you if you win, displaying your name and state on our website, publishing your name in relevant newspapers or disclosing details of winners to relevant authorities, if required by law;
- maintaining appropriate legal or business records;
- enabling us to conduct customer research and develop new services; and verifying information you provide to us.
We may state a more specific additional purpose at the point we collect your Personal Information. In order to offer you a more consistent and personalised experience in your interactions with Locify, information collected through one Locify service may be combined with information obtained through other Locify services.
(ii) Use of Your Personal Information by Advertisers and Publishers
We do not sell, rent, share or trade your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so. Instances where this occurs are described below. Where you enter a Sweepstakes on a Locify widget displayed on our Publisher Network, you agree the purpose of the collection is to allow the Advertiser(s) or the Publisher (as applicable) to use your Personal Information:
- to fulfill the selected Offer and contact you with marketing information associated to the Offer, via any medium including via email and SMS or at the number(s) you provided (which may include using an automatic dialing system or pre-recorded message);
- administering Sweepstakes you enter including contacting you if you win, displaying your name and state on our website, publishing your name in relevant newspapers or disclosing details of winners to relevant authorities, if required by law.
- Where you select (or maintain pre-checked tick box) and accept an Offer on a Locify widget you agree that the purpose of the collection is to allow the Advertiser or Publisher to use your Personal Information to fulfil the selected Offer by contacting you with information directly associated to the Offer, and not for any additional purpose (without your consent) including via email and SMS or at the number(s) you provided (which may include using an automatic dialing system or pre-recorded message).
Disclosure of your Personal Information
We disclose Personal Information to Advertisers and Publishers as set out in the sections above.
We may also disclose your personal information to any member of the Locify group, meaning our parent company Gen3 Holdings, it’s other subsidiary Gen3Media Pty Ltd or any other company owned and operated by Gen3 Holdings.
Other than as set out above, we will not disclose any of your Personal Information to third party companies, organisations and individuals, unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- that disclosure is required by any law, subpoena, court order, or other enforceable legal process;
- it is necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- it is necessary for us to do in order to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
- that disclosure is required as part of a proposed or actual transfer or sale of all or part of our business or assets.
The security or your Personal Information is a priority for us. We take physical and electronic security measures to safeguard Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This may include restricting access to Personal Information, entering into security or confidentiality arrangements with third parties. In certain areas Locify uses industry-standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions.
If Locify no longer needs the information we will take all reasonable steps to destroy the information and/ or ensure that the information is de-identified.
This policy does not apply to the practices of organisations that Locify does not own or control, or to people that Locify does not employ or oversee even if offers, coupons or links to their websites appear within our widgets.
Opting out of communications from Advertisers and Publishers
If you wish to unsubscribe from any further email correspondence from Advertisers or Publishers, you should submit a request to those organisations directly using the unsubscribe facility provided by them, or otherwise as described in their communications to you.
You should contact those organisations directly about accessing, updating and deleting any of your Personal Information retained by them.
Locify does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems. Locify encourages parents and guardians to go monitor their children’s activities online.
Accessing, updating and deleting your Personal Information held by us
You may request to unsubscribe from any further email correspondence from Locify or Locify Sites through the relevant domain at any time or using the ‘unsubscribe’ link contained emails we send you. If you wish Locify to correct, or remove, Personal Information we have collected about you on our network, you can do so by emailing Locify directly with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org unless we have to keep that information for a legitimate business or legal purpose. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. You may also request to opt out from seeing targeted Offers and receiving communications from Locify in future by emailing email@example.com with the subject line ‘Opt Out’, from the email address to be opted-out. We will implement this as quickly as possible, and in any case within 10 days. We will retain a copy of that email address to record and implement the opt out across browsers on an ongoing basis. Note if you opt out, you may still see initial invitations to engage with our services, and some services we deliver may not function properly. For further information on controlling and deleting cookies from your browser, see our Cookies Policy.
Changes to this Privacy Statement